Official government website for the Town of Yorkshire and Village of Delevan, New York
TOWN ~ PO Box 6 ~ 716.492.1640     VILLAGE ~ PO Box 216 ~ 716.492.1424

CSS Navigation Menus

Downloadable/Printable Forms
Dog License Form
Marriage License Application
Copy of Birth Certificate
Copy of Death
Handicapped Parking Permit
FOIL Request Form
Civil Service Application
Genealogy Application



Town Clerk Heather Tomes-Fronk

Yorkshire Town Hall, 82 South Main Street, PO Box 6, Delevan NY 14042

Phone: 716-492-1640
Fax: 716-492-4832

Deputy Town Clerk Cheryl King

Office Hours:
Monday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Tuesday 12 PM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Additional hours are available by appointment

Notice: There is a TOWN CLERK DROP BOX located at the main rear entrance of Town Hall. You may drop off dog license renewals (with Rabies Vacc update if required), water payments, other correspondence.

Please take care to drop it in the TOWN CLERK DROP BOX located in wall to the right of the rear entrance, NOT the Black Stand alone drop box located to left of door. This is for Court purposes only.

Services Provided to Town Residents
Dog Licenses - new and annual renewals
Certified copies of Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates
Handicap Parking Applications and Permits
Junkyard & Dealer Permit Applications and Licenses (Board approved)
Fulfillment of Lawful FOIL Requests
Issues of Property Tax Bills and Property Tax Payments, via Five Star Bank
Hunting and Fishing Licenses - licensed issuing agent with DEC
Issues Vendor, Solicitation, and Peddling Permits
Filing of NYS Marriage Licenses and Registration, Live Birth Registration
Filing of Death Certificates
Cattaraugus County Transfer Station Tickets, Fees

Dog Licenses. Every dog in the Town that is over four months old must be licensed.  Proof of rabies vaccination is required.  The fee for an un-spayed or un-neutered dog is $18.  If the dog is spayed or neutered and proof is provided, the fee is $9

Although you can print off and fill out a Dog License Form, the Town Clerk still needs to complete some of the information required on the form.  Of course, they are also available at the Town Clerk's office. 

PLEASE NOTE:  The Town's Dog Control Officer is David Cummings and can be reached at 716-353-2558 (c).

Hunting and Fishing Licenses.
Cost varies based on type of license.  First-time applicants must provide proof of hunter's safety course completion.  For more information, please visit the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.

Marriage Licenses Application.
MUST BE COMPLETED at the Town Clerk's office.  The fee is $40.  Although the license is issued immediately, the ceremony may not take place within 24 hours from the time the license was issued.  It is valid for 60 days, beginning the day after it is issued.  Fore more information, visit Getting Married in NYS.

Water Billing and Collection
Those in the municipal water district can expect a bill quarterly.  Bills are sent in the first week of January, April, July, and October.  If you are on Town water and do not receive a bill, please contact the Town Clerk's Office.  Note that the Village of Delevan operates its own billing and collection.

Certified Copies of Death, Birth, and Marriage Certificates
Birth and death certificates are on file at the Clerk's office for people who were born or died with in the Town limits.  Marriage certificates are also available for those whose Certificate of Marriage Registration was filed in the Town of Yorkshire or Village of Delevan.  All certified copies cost $10.  Proof of identity is required.  Forms that may be downloaded and/or printed are listed to your left.

Handicap Parking Permits/Tags.
The Clerk issues parking permits for Town residents with disabilities at no charge.  Applications may be obtained at the Clerk's office and a permit/tag will be issued once the form is completed by the applicant's doctor and returned to the Clerk.  Please provide the applicants driver's license if available.  May doctors have this form available to facilitate the process.  If completed with the doctor, you must still come to the Town Clerk's office for issuance. 

Town and County Tax Collection
Tax bills are mailed each year by January 1st and are payable without penalty through January 31st.  If you do not receive your Town and County tax bill by January 15th, please contact the Clerk's office.  Failure to receive your bill does not exempt you from penalties incurred.

Fulfillment of Lawful FOIL Requests

Cattaraugus County Transfer Station Tickets, Fees
Transfer tickets in the amounts of $5, $10, $30 and $42 may be purchased at the Town Clerk's office.

Cattaraugus County Civil Service Application
When applying or accepting a position within the Town, a Civil Service Application is required.  You may download and print the form to begin completion prior to meeting with the Town Clerk or Town representative.  In person completion is necessary to fulfill identification requirements. 

~ Secretary of and reports to the Town Board
~ Performs duties and responsibilities assigned by the Town Board
~ Communicates instructions, authorizations, and declinations given by the Town Board
~ Maintains integrity and mandated retention of Town records
~ Registrar for Town of Yorkshire and the Village of Delevan
~ Initiates, certifies, and delivers Town documents based on Town Board direction